If you never had braces as a teenager, you might think it’s too late to get a straighter smile. Or maybe you underwent orthodontic treatment as a kid, but you rarely wore your retainer and your teeth have shifted.
Whatever the case may be, you don’t have to go through life embarrassed about crooked teeth. That’s because advances in the field of orthodontics have made it easier and faster than ever to correct teeth and bite misalignment issues.
At Bell Dental Group, we’re proud to offer Invisalign®, one of the most discreet ways to straighten your teeth! Read on to find out whether this innovative orthodontic treatment is right for you. Then, give our Cincinnati, OH office a call at 513-802-9440 to schedule your free consultation.
Invisalign Vs. Traditional Braces
When you think of orthodontic treatment, you probably think of awkward metal braces that take years to straighten your teeth. A lot of people do. But with Invisalign, your orthodontic treatment will be so discreet that your friends and colleagues may not even know you’re straightening your teeth!
Invisalign is ideal for people on the go who can’t be slowed down by metal brackets and wires.
Here’s how it works. The Invisalign system is comprised of a series of plastic aligners, which are like trays created to fit your teeth like a glove. They’re virtually invisible and made out of a special kind of plastic that helps you achieve predictable and gradual tooth movement. But Invisalign gives you fast results, with the average case only taking 12 months!
It’s easy too. You’ll wear an aligner for roughly 20 to 22 hours a day, removing it when you eat and brush your teeth. Then, you’ll periodically swap out your aligner for the next one in the series. This happens roughly once a week, but that might vary at the doctor’s discretion.
Invisalign costs about the same as traditional metal braces, and both have proven to be effective ways to correct mild to complex cases of teeth and bite misalignment. But the similarities pretty much stop there.
Here are some advantages of Invisalign compared to traditional metal braces:
- Invisalign is removable. You won’t experience the same dietary restrictions as a patient with traditional metal braces because you won’t have to worry about dislodging a bracket! You can also remove your aligner for sports and other activities.
- No annoying brackets or wires! You won’t have to worry about accidentally cutting your lip on metal hardware.
- Fewer checkups. With Invisalign, you’ll only come in for an orthodontic checkup every four to six week. We know you’re busy, so less time in the dental chair means freeing up your schedule.
- Visible results. You’ll be able to see the incremental changes taking place. You’ll feel confident knowing that you’re on your way to a more beautiful smile — even in the earliest stages of treatment!
The Ideal Invisalign Candidate
Invisalign is an effective treatment option for most cases — from mild to complex. And in many cases, it’s a great orthodontic treatment for teenagers who are hoping to avoid a years-long commitment to traditional metal braces.
Here are some common issues Invisalign has been used to address:
- Gapped teeth. Space between your teeth can cause your surrounding teeth to shift, causing additional misalignment problems. That’s why we recommend closing those gaps.
- Overbite. This occurs when your upper teeth reach too far over your lower teeth when you bite down.
- Underbite. This is the opposite problem as overbite. In cases of underbite, the lower teeth are positioned farther forward than the lower teeth when you bite down.
- Open Bite. This occurs when your molars properly fit together when you bite down, but your front teeth don’t.
- Crowded teeth. If it seems like there’s just not enough room in your mouth to accommodate your teeth, it’s likely you’re suffering from crowding.
- Crossbite. Crossbite occurs when your upper teeth fall on the wrong side of your lower teeth when you bite down. This can happen with just a few of your upper teeth or all of them.
Of course, the only way to know for sure whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign is to consult with a dental professional. So, give us a call! Your initial Invisalign consultation is free!
For A Straighter Smile, Choose Bell Dental Group
We know that you have plenty of options if you’re considering Invisalign treatment in Cincinnati, OH. But at Bell Dental Group, our team of dental professionals has so much experience with the Invisalign system that we’re considered an Invisalign Premier Provider! It’s a designation rarely awarded to general dental practices.
When you choose Bell Dental Group, you’ll feel confident knowing your orthodontic treatment is being supervised by some of the most experienced and highly trained dentists in the area. So, what are you waiting for? Call us today at 513-802-9440 to schedule a free consultation. You can also fill out our convenient online form.