Does your less-than-perfect smile make you feel self-conscious when it’s time to say “cheese”? If you’re ready to attain the perfect celebrity smile you’ve always dreamed of, contact Bell Dental Group for Cincinnati cosmetic dentistry today! Our skilled dentists can help you get:Dr. David Bell Jr. on Cosmetic Dentistry Read Transcript
Cosmetic dentistry is one of the areas that we definitely are very excited about, and helping our patients achieve that look, along with health that they've been interested in and maybe haven't been able to do before. It's an umbrella and can involve a lot of different things. Part of what we spend a lot of time doing with our patients is trying to fine tune what their expectation is for in their mind, how they would like their smile to look and function. That's a very individualized process. As far as the applications, they're immense. We do a lot of Invisalign, which is wireless, clear braces. Sometimes that's done as the only part of treatment and then that's the complete treatment plan. Sometimes that's done as a preamble to potentially veneers, to also improve the smile alignment and color of their teeth. Another aspect of cosmetic dentistry is people that have what we call occlusal disease, they come in their teeth are badly, badly worn down, they're not functioning as they used to and they certainly don't look like they used to. Sometimes in very complex cases we do what they call full mouth restorations where possibly all the teeth receive crowns or veneers.
So those are some of the aspects of the very specialized care that we can offer our patients in a cosmetic world.
- More confidence when mingling and socializing
- A younger, more vibrant appearance
- Good oral hygiene that’s easier to maintain
- More respect from your coworkers and peers
- A beautiful smile that earns second glances from strangers
Call us today to get started on your dream smile: 513-802-9440. Our office is located in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati.
Choose From a Variety of Treatments to Create Your New Smile
So one of the strong points of our practice, an emphasis, has been the aesthetic implications of treatment, and that can vary so widely – anything from people that have worn-down teeth because of years of grinding and abuse, to people that want just a more fresh smile in more of the cosmetic range. Cosmetics – everything we do has a cosmetic implication. We do a lot of what you might term as “smile makeovers” where we're dealing primarily with the smile zone in the mouth, freshening up that smile, make it look like you did when you're 18, and good. So it's a very fun thing to do. It’s transformational for the patients. They feel so much better and confident about how they look and how they feel. It's very exciting to do that kind of work.
So when people come in with the aesthetic concerns, it's important to know that we don't have a one-approach solution to any one particular patient's concerns. It's always a customizable treatment plan. It has to do with the patient's visualization of their outcome, what they want it to look like, and that's the huge difference. So we go into it with an open mind, and we design something that the end result is what they want, and then I then know what I need to do. So we can do things like all-ceramic crowns, we can do bleaching, a combination of those. Sometimes it's a matter of using Invisalign to get the teeth in a more aesthetic position prior to work. We do a lot of veneer work, but one thing that we do do that distinguishes us from pretty much any practice are prepless veneers, where we don't actually have to shape the teeth to give a cosmetic result, and that's a huge advantage in our practice, that we can be very careful and kind to the existing teeth yet give you that awesome smile when we're done.
Here are a few of the cosmetic dentistry treatments we may use to enhance your smile:
- Dental Veneers – Our porcelain veneers completely cover the visible portion of the front of imperfect teeth. Veneers can conceal chips, cracks, stains, small gaps, and worn or misshapen teeth. Depending on your situation, we may even be able to apply DURAthin dental veneers without having to prepare the natural surface of your teeth.
- Dental Bonding – Using composite resin, your dentist can repair individual tooth flaws like chips, cracks, pits, and stains to give you a much more attractive smile. One appointment is all that’s needed for this fast and budget-friendly treatment.
- Teeth Whitening – Say goodbye to your dull smile. For the fastest whitening, take advantage of either a Zoom2 or GLO Science Professional in-office teeth whitening treatment. If you’d prefer to improve your smile at your convenience, we can provide a take-home teeth whitening system from Opalescence.
- Invisalign – If you’ve been putting off straightening your teeth because you don’t want to deal with metal in your mouth, Invisalign may be right for you. Its clear, discreet plastic teeth aligners don’t draw attention to your orthodontic treatment. We can even show you what to expect with our outcome simulator. Bell Dental Group has been recognized as an Invisalign Premier Provider, so you can be sure your smile is in good hands.
Well, this is something that's evolved a lot over the years, but we've always been focused on cosmetic dentistry, even before really it was a term. Now with the advancement of computers and the digital photography, we have programs on the computer where we actually design the smile to allow the patient to see what it's going to look like, and we're able to measure precisely certain parameters that need to be there, and I think we do a tremendous job of that. I've taken many courses at the Spear center down in Phoenix, which is considered kind of world-known as the cosmetic center of the world, to be honest with you. And we just really do a good job on that.
Well, cosmetics is a pretty broad topic, and when you really think about it, everything we do has a cosmetic component to it, but we do anything from veneers, which is a sort of total smile makeover with porcelain, to sometimes a patient will have an individual tooth that for whatever reason there's a problem, and we can address that with maybe a crown or some bonding. Bleaching is a very simple way for a patient to improve things. So there's a myriad of possibilities in that category.
- Teeth Contouring & Crown Lengthening – If your teeth have rough or uneven edges, contouring will get them back into shape quickly. Crown lengthening makes short teeth appear longer and more attractive.
- Gum Reshaping – If you have excess gum tissue or a “gummy smile,” we can use state-of-the-art dental lasers to reshape your gums and give you your ideal gumline.
- Snap-On Smile – We can give you the appearance of a perfect smile without having any dental work done. Snap-On Smile is a removable cosmetic arch that can instantly transform your smile.
Cincinnati cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile you’ve been longing for! Call us today at 513-802-9440 to schedule your free consultation. *While the consultation is free, there may be charges for an exam, cleaning, and other related services. You can also request an appointment online if it’s more convenient.